Pappy Kojo will have to stay in a locked-down country (Italy) a little longer even though the rapper has a burning desire to fly back to Ghana. 


According to Barbara Oteng Gyasi, minister of tourism, arts and culture, the rapper's request to return to the country cannot be granted due to the high death toll recorded in Italy recently as far as Coronavirus is concerned.


Speaking on 3FM's entertainment show dubbed Showbuzz with MzGee this morning, the rapper said: “I’m not safe, I live just across a busy street and people keep using that road every minute which is not safe for me, I’ve been calling out to the Government, yet no response.” 


“I’m a Ghanaian and I’ve done a lot for this country in terms of creative arts. Sincerely I’m not safe, I have something to feed on now but I’m afraid I might soon run out of food,” Pappy Kojo added.


Madam Oteng Gyasi speaking on the same show said the ministry understands the plight of the musician; however, the request, unfortunately, cannot be granted.


“Currently, travelling is out of the question. We’re not encouraging people to come to Ghana,” she said.


"Ghanaians can return home but if you’re in a country which is locked down and you don’t have flights coming in, then how do you travel? He wants to be jetted back to Ghana? How is that possible? We cannot arrange a jet to bring an individual back.


“We’re trying to contain a situation and the directive is that for countries which have recorded over 200 cases, we are not allowing people from those countries into Ghana because we are also trying to contain the situation here. And I believe that wherever he finds himself if he follows the guidelines from the protocols, he will be safe," she added.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post